Monday, October 26, 2009

Ovid Who?? - Sudhir

For Ovid,

… … … I am conscious of this vehicle that carries me through my life
… … … Sleep is just a state; I love to live, in peace, in battle and strife

… … … Unbidden desires sing like tramps in the wilderness of temptations
… … … Unsolicited feelings are nursed by subliminal yearning

… … … I do not fight the flames of passion, nor dismiss them randomly
… … … For my heart does not hold the fire; it is the fire, it is the flare!

… … … I shall gladly hang on a gallow; or chisel my own crucifix
… … … For I care not for love & peace that is subdued by tyranny

… … … I possess Love and Love possesses me; the twain are but one
… … … I can never submit this jewel of mine for anyone’s scrutiny

… … … Venus, you shyster, had Mars not been gracious you’d be unloved
… … … But I am done with both; for now I aspire to the glory of Jupiter

… … … My arms fight a new war, on a new battlefield, for a new goa
l… … … Where conquests are not captives; where Love is not a conquest

… … … This new victory shall not shame; this war shall not destroy values
… … … No one shall fear no one; For once Love shall rejoice in freedom

… … … Troops shall not overcome troops; they shall join and merge in harmony
… … … A son shall not be crowned by his mother; he shall seek her divine blessings

… … … I do not seek symbols of richness and pride; I dwell in hearts and minds
… … … I do not come to heal wounds that I do not cause; I release the spirit of fire

… … … For once, God will witness a new form of conquest, one without infernos
… … … The Ganges will be conquered again, by love and devout affection

… … … Caesar shall not be stabbed again; nor Brutus perish in penitence
… … … For this Love conquers the spirit through release; not possession

Love
Sudhir

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
Simple and down to earth man who loves to be explicit in stating his mind. I have a strong secret desire to be able to serve the United Nations Organization some day!